GoS introduced the Sarek collection in 2016 with damascus dials, whose patterns mimicked the elaborate and ever-changing waterways of Sarek National Park. The collection has since evolved with new elements and variants both with and without Damascus steel dials but always with the same technical specification.
The Sarek Rissa is the second watch in the updated Sarek collection, which Patrik Sjögren has worked on for two years. The updated Sarek is slightly smaller in diameter with its 41.5mm and the thickness could be kept almost the same even though the new movement is thicker. A lot of effort has gone into refinement of the already existing design elements. One example of this is seen in the lugs that have been shortened and re-shaped to match the GoS crown.
The Sarek Rissa came about when a client wished to have the expression of the lagoon-green Norrsken Rissa in a slightly smaller case. Patrik Sjögren discussed the idea with Guilloché master Jochen Benzinger who confirmed that he could adapt the northern-lights guilloché pattern to work on a dial with a center seconds hand for a different movement and the project was started in June 2023. GoS sometimes introduce bespoke pieces as official GoS models and the Sarek Rissa was so spectacular when it was finished in September, that Patrik decided to offer it to other GoS clients in a limited production.
Sarek Rissa has a glass index ring, which is a detail that originated in the Norrsken collection. The ring is recessed into the silver dial and allows a view through onto the perlage pattern in the recess beneath and reflecting lagoongreen colors from the sides. This is accomplished by hand-applying lagoon-green enamel to the outer edge of the
La Joux-Perret introduced a new automatic movement with a 65 hour power reserve in 2021 and this is the movement of choice for the 2nd edition of Sarek. The G101 movements are manufactured to GoS specification, which includes the anthrazite finish, and are equipped with a skeletonized and beveled rotor. The rotor is then further embellished with a GoS triskele emblem in gold finish.
The production of the new Sarek Rissa is limited to five pieces per year.
- Case: 41.5mmx11mm (5ATM) lug-to-lug: 49.5mm
- Lug width: 21mm
- Glass: Domed sapphire glass with double sided AR coating, extra hard on outside
- Movement: La Joux-Perret G101 made to GoS specification with anthrazite finish. The solid Tungsten rotor is skeletonized and feature a GoS triskele emblem in gold.
- Dial: Handcut northern-lights Guilloché by Jochen Benzinger, further machined and finished in the GoS workshop. The coloring is based on nano-ceramics and is carefully applied by Patrik in a process that takes 4-5 hours per dial.
- Bezel: Satin finish on top with high-gloss polished edges.
- Index ring/rehaut: The index ring is made from solid glass with hour indexes marked through machining of the bottom. Lagoon-green enamel is applied to the outer edge of the glass ring. The ring is secured onto the dial through a recess and 12 fixation points.
- Hands: GoS spear shape in high gloss polished Rhodium plated finish.
- Crown: GoS design in polished finish with bead blasted grooves and hand-polished bevels. The 7.5mm crown features an integrated crown guard and has double gaskets.
- Case finishing: Stainless steel, worked and finished with inspiration from viking bracelets. The grooves are
polished while the surface receives a horizontal fine satinization for increased contrasts. The case back and lugs are polished except for the top of the lugs that have a straight satinization
- Strap: Handcrafted and tapered 21-20mm strap in premium Moose leather, fitted with premium GoS 20mm GoS pin-buckle in stainless damascus steek
- Every watch engraved with “Sarek Rissa No.X 202X” to indicate that every watch is a unique piece in addition to a serial number for each year. A maximum of five Sarek Rissa will be manufactured each year and No.1 2023 is sold.
- Five year guarantee
- Delivered in GoS presentation box made from hardwood that´s been treated to resemble black oak.
The retail price of Sarek Rissa is US$12,500 + applicable taxes.
The Sarek Rissa is limited to five pieces per year and is manufactured on order. Use the info-button below if you are interested in a purchase or to request more information about our watches: